Grünau, Almtal Valley
Holiday paradise for the whole family -
Make new FRIENDS in perfect tune with NATURE!
Grünau im Almtal, an idyllic SUMMER & WINTER holiday resort in the foothills of the Totes Gebirge mountain range - FAR AWAY from noisy traffic routes and tourist centers, is conveniently embedded in the scenic East of the SALZKAMMERGUT Region.
Endless woods, marvelous landscapes, unspoilt nature and a varied fauna and flora await you in this truly unique oasis for all those in search of rest and relaxation. That is why also Konrad Lorenz, the world-famous ethologist, chose to live here.
Special Highlights ...
* Cumberland WILDLIFE PARK
* Schindlbach KIDS´ WORLD
* ALMSEE Nature Preserve
* KONRAD LORENZ Research Center
* Farrenau MOUNTAIN ROAD (up to 1,200m above sea level)
* HIKING TRAILS for all ages and ambitions
* FOREST THEME TRAIL - "Trees, Wildlife, Miracles"
* Almtal FARMERS´ PROGRAM for CHILDREN
* FAIRYTALES by Helmut Wittmann
* Grünau-KASBERG SKI AREA (ski school, free skibus shuttle)
* CROSS COUNTRY SKIING Network
Theme trails, outdoor pool, hiking trails, tennis center, sauna, indoor pool from 6:30 pm
Grünau is located right on the ROMANCE TRAIL!
- Inhabitants: 2.100
- Area: 230 km²
- Altitude (from): 528m ASL
- Altitude (to): 2515m ASL
- Longitude: 13.9557
- Latitude: 47.8548
On the A1 motorway from Vienna or Salzburg, at the Voralpenkreuz (crossing) on the motorway A9 via Pettenbach and Scharnstein
On the motorway A8 via Passau - Wels - Sattledt - Voitsdorf - Pettenbach and Scharnstein
By bus: from Almsee to Grünau, from Gmunden to Grünau
By train: via Wels to Grünau
Linz (55 km)