It has not been possible to determine exactly when the chapel was built, but as a "cross chapel" it is one of the oldest in the region and is at least 250 years old.
Until 1959 the estate belonged to vet dr. med. Fink, who had leased the fief. Since 1976 the estate with the chapel has been owned by the Grabner family. Much has been built over the decades in the area and of course the farmhouse rebuilt. However, the chapel remained unchanged. So it was possible that a few years ago, an elderly man recognized the chapel and thus found the place where he was kept hidden as a teenager in 1936 to escape the political turmoil of the time.Inside the chapel is a large crucifix, flanked by two small Madonna statues.