Kasten weather cross
Nobody can tell when the weather cross was set up in a box. It already existed in 1934 when the Gugg family took over the inn.
Over the years, it had to be renovated several times. Artists of our area were commissioned to give the figures painted on sheet metal new color. Lydia Roppolt took over this work once, twice was Hans Frank at work. In the mid-90s, the wooden cross had to be renewed.
In 2012, Hans Frank was asked to restore the figures again. In order to protect the paintings from the weather, it was decided to attach an art print to the wooden cross. The original cross was left to painter Hans Frank of the basilica Mondsee, where it now has a sheltered from wind and weather in the entrance area. Unfortunately, the statue of Mary, originally attached to the lower part of the cross, could not be repaired.