Formerly the area belonged to the castle. Two underground passages led there. Ancestors of the Stallinger family acquired in the 19th century that part which they cultivated as Gasterbauergut.
It reached to the Vockenberger and Eibesberger. At that time, a chapel was probably built on the property. After returning home from the war, she had Franz Ebner, Gasterbauer, renovate in 1945.
In 1959 she had to give way to the motorway.
For a long time one could read under "listed objects in Mondsee": "At Waldburgerweg 8, KG: Mondsee - The simple way chapel with hipped roof dates from the second half of the 19th century.
Note: Next address specified is no "chapel picture stick" and the host also knows no "Kapellenbildstock" in the immediate vicinity. "