Before the church was built, evangelic church Services were hold in private Rooms, in class Rooms or in the School Buildings near the Monastery or in the Hilfberg church.
Since 1951 there was a will to build an evangelic church. In 1973 a property on the Herzog Odilo Road was purchased, but building started first in 1975 because of financial reasons.The church in Württemberg payed for 70% of the church.
The Event of the first Stone laying was on the 6th of July 1975. Architect Heller planned the church and adolesence from Württemberg helped with the Building. Mr Kurt Graf and Mr Grundke also had a Major part in Building the church.
The evangelic church in Mondsee belongs to the rectory Attersee and they have a great Liaison. Evangelic weddings frequently take place in the Roman Catholic churches in Mondsee like the one on the HIlfberg and the Basiica.