firefighter house Mondsee
The volunteer fire Brigade Mondsee was founded in 1869 by Arnold Feichtinger. It was the first one in the district of Vöcklabruck.
Through the years the fire Brigade had different Locations Until 1946 the fire Brigade called the Buildings next to the church their home, where todays war memorial is located.
In 1945 they built a new Building for the firebrigade in the Karlsgarten where todays Singing Clubs are located. They added Rooms to the Building, which are now used as gardarobes for the Jedermann Play.
The firefighter house in the Südtiroler Street Number 11 was inaugurated on the 14th of September in 1997. The Building over the Portal was drawn by Franz Buscar. It Shows Saint Florian who is the Saint of the fire men.