Refuge for nesting birds
Caution - please do not enter the meadows, as this could disturb the birds in your breeding process. If you have a dog with you, please take him to the leash near the sensitive surfaces.
This nature reserve is a land of seduction with extremely rare plants such as various sedge species and the fever clover. Furthermore, the Irrsee-Moore is one of the last retreat areas for meadows in Upper Austria. With some luck you can observe the following rare birds:
- Great brown-headed bird - a roughly chicken-sized bird with long legs and beak, which is also depicted on the coat of arms of the municipality of Oberhofen am Irrsee. Look for unusual fluffy tones - the call of the Great Brackenvogel. This is emitted mainly during the launch.
- Wachtelkönig - a hard-to-find ruminant bird - also here please pay attention to the unusual reputation, especially at dawn
- Lapwing - a black-and-white, crow-sized bird, thrilled with spectacular flights
- Bekassine - the flight of the Bekassine is accompanied by a goat-like bleating, which is however no calls, but by the spring dress is generated
- brown-throats, blackchinches, meadowspikes, wild boars, wild boars - inconspicuous songbirds, which are very rare in our latitudes.