Accommodation Booking

Travel period: 2Nights
Detailed search options
Search by location:
Search by location
Search for accommodation
Loading accomodations ...

Your enquiry

Please fill in all fields marked *.

Ruins of Seisenburg Castle

Pettenbach, Oberösterreich, Österreich

Seisenburg Castle first appeared in a document dated 1329.

Seisenburg Castle was owned by the Dukes of Austria until 1518 and was then sold several times. The Count Engel zu Wagrein, who purchased the castle in 1619, had it rebuilt in Renaissance style in the course of the 17th century. Since the Seisenburg could not be refurbished in the 1940s due to a financial crisis, the castle gradually went to ruins over the past few decades. Today, a team of dedicated preservationists are eagerly working on the renovation of what has been left of the once so mighty castle, in order to preserve it for the generations to come.


739 m

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for schools
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn

Please get in touch for more information.


Ruins of Seisenburg Castle
Unteredt 4
4643 Pettenbach

+43 7586 8155

Contact person
Angela Itzenberger
Ruine Seisenburg
Unteredt 4
4643 Pettenbach

+43 7586 8155

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA