The Gnadenkirche has its origins in the last years of and after the Second World War.
A small group of Upper Austrian protestants were joined by many protestant refugees, mainly from Transylvania, but also Danube Swabians, etc.
In 1955 a farmer from Seewalchner named Rosenauer sold building plots for the resettlement of the refugees and thereby laid the foundations of the community Rosenau. A primitive shanty served them as their first church.
On 11 May 1958, work on the Gnadenkirche started. Thanks to incredible generosity and the considerable help from the Protestant Churches of Germany, Austria and Sweden the topping-out celebration could be celevrated on 5 October 1958. Hubert Taferner was the responsible architect. The actual construction work of the church was carried out on a voluntary basis by our church members
On 31 October 1959 the church was consecrated by Bishop Gerhard May
The eight stained glass windows by the artists Hannes Gstöttenmayr are of particular interest. He was asked to depict God's grace in seven side windows and one large altar window and he did an excellent job. The last of the windows was completed in 1997.
mass every sunday at 9:30 a.m.
Suitable for wheelchairs: Not all of the legally stipulated ÖNORM are complied with. In principle, this object is suitable for wheelchairs and no assistance is necessary.