Before the Scharfling street was built, a footpath led to the Eisenaualm near the current parking lot. The bookmaker from Winkl used this route to drive his cattle to the pasture.
At the junction there was already in 1922 a picture of Mary on a tree. The road construction came away. Franz Hammerl (Holzinger Franz) remembered it. In 2004 he had the cross - carved by Otto Wieser, Beriger von Keuschen - set up at the parking lot on Scharfling Pass Road. He also looks after it carefully. One day he found a note from the Winkler farmers there dated 1922. It should be remembered that since then a place has been here where people entrust themselves to the protection of God in their ways.
Even an old "Marterl" with a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus still exists on the roadside. It was to be replaced by the new cross, but was never worn away. The construction and installation of the new cross - financed by Franz Hammerl - was cared for by his brother, who also chose the current favorable location in the parking lot for this sign of faith