According to documentary evidence, the "Trunseo" abbey was already in existence by 632 A.D. Benedictine nuns from Erin convent in Salzburg came to Traunkirchen in 1020. In 1622 Jesuits from Passau took the convent over and the magnificent baroque church was established in its present form after the second fire in 1632. The Jesuit monastery was dissolved in 1773 since that it has served as a parish church. The high altar, build by Franz Preisl, is dedicated to the Crowning of our Lady; the side altars on the right and left side are dedicated to St. Ignatius and to St. John respectively. The most famous work in the church is the wood-carved "Fischerkanzel" (fishermen´s pulpit) which was created in 1753 by an unknown craftsman and portrays the "Miraculous Draught of Fishes".
Opening times: daily excl. catholic services
Please get in touch for more information.