DACHSTEIN CIRCUIT The hut tour
- 6 nights
- Luggage transfer included
- 6 x Overnight stay with alpine breakfast (2 x ***inn/hotel, 4 x hut – communal bunks, hut sleeping bags mandatory)
- 1 x cable car ride to Zwieselalm
- 1 x bus ride Hallstatt - Gosau
- 1 x Hiking map (1 x per room)
- 1 x Dachstein guide-book (1 x per room)
- Daily service hotline from 09.00 - 19.00 (also on weekends)
- 01.07.2020 until 01.10.2020
1st day: Individual arrival in Gosau am Dachstein. Overnight stay in Gosau.
2nd day: Starting at the wonderful lake Gosausee you use the cable car to get to Zwieselalm. From here you hike a long the Gosaukamm range. Pass the impressive Donnerkogel and the Bischofsmütze and finally you arrive at the Hofpürglhütte. Overnight stay at Hofpürglhütte.
~ 10 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á 850 m / â 860 m
3rd day: From the Hofpürglhütte todays hike leads you along the timber line and through limestone landscape. At this high altitude hiking trail you walk around the valley above Filzmoos and finally reach the Dachstein Südwandhütte. Overnight stay Dachstein Südwandhütte
~11 km, 5-6 hrs, altitude difference á 762 m / â 586 m
4th day: For the alpine hike to Guttenberg lodge two variants are possible:
1. Walk through the valley. From the Südwandhütte the trail leads you to the valley station of the cable car and further on to Ramsau. You head on via the Anton-Baum-trail, cross the timber line again and ascent to Guttenberg lodge. Recommended in cloudy and foggy weather conditions.
~15 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á1048 m / â785 m
2. Ascent by cable car to the Dachstein glacier (to be paid on spot). High altitude hike on trail 674 to Guttenberg lodge
~9,5 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á264 m / â861 m
Overnight stay at Guttenberg lodge.
ATTENTION: If you decide to take the route via the Dachstein Glacier it is very important to make a reservation for your gondola ride here: www.derdachstein.at/en - at minimum 1 week in advance. Otherwise the gondola could be fully booked.
For the reservation guests are responsible for themselves.
5th day: The next stage takes you from the Guttenberghaus across the high plateau Am Stein and through a wonderful karst landscape towards Krippenegg and in the end to the Wiesberghaus. Overnight stay at Wiesberghaus
~ 16 km, 6 hrs, altitude difference á241 m / â1781 m
6th day: Today´s route leads you from the Wiesberghaus towards mount Plassen. Here you pass the oldes salt mines world wide (some 7000 years old). Next you pass the historic Rudolf´s tower and follow the serpentines down to the UNESCO world heritage town Hallstatt. After you enjoyed the famous town center, use the bus to get back to the starting point in Gosau. Overnight stay in Gosau
~ 12 km, 5-6 hrs, altitude difference á 278 m / â 1614 m
7th day: Individual departure
- 7 days / 6 nights -
“World heritage region”: the mighty Dachstein – 2995 meters high – has been decorated with this award in 1997. The impressive mountain landscape along with Hallstatt and the region Dachstein Salzkammergut were named world heritage region by UNESCO.
Requirements and general information
The tour mainly covers alpine terrain. You will need appropriate mountain equipment and basic stamina. Necessary mountain equipment: ankle-high boots, functional clothes, rucksack, food and water, rain and sun protection, first-aid kit, mobile phone, possibly hiking sticks, … Even in the midsummer there could be a drop of temperature, so please make sure that you have warm clothing with you including gloves and cap.
Your route is recorded for posterity when you enter your name in every hut logbook in the Dachstein Mountains. The routes are well signposted, although the signs could partly be covered by snow. Hence, it is imperative that you take your maps and the Dachstein hiking book with you. An experienced guide is available to accompany you upon request.
The carrying out of the tour is dependent on weather conditions! Alternative walking routes are always possible.
Net-rates for arrangement per person in €:
01.07. – 02.10.2020
***hotel/inn in double room (communal bunks in hut) 390,--
Supplement half board (3 course dinner in inns/hotels and partly also in huts otherwise 1 course hikers-meal in huts) 140,--
Supplement2 x single room (communal bunks in huts) 85,--
Mountain guide On request
Day of arrival daily
Local tax is extra to pay on spot in each accommodation (from € 1,-- to € 3,-- per person/per night)
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- * Hut sleeping bag: blankets are available in the huts; necessary but mandatory is only a lightweight cotton/silk sleeping bag liner
- Overnight stay in communal bunks or multi-bed rooms. Double rooms on request possible, except at Hofpurgl lodge. The hosts will always try to accommodate travellers who are not used to communal bunks in their own rooms if at all possible.
- Dogs on request; not allowed in the sleeping areas. Attended stay in the winter room possible, partly dog kennels available, extra costs to be paid on spot.
Due to environmental reasons we recommend to arrive and depart by public transportation.
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
We recommend travel cancellation insurance:
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.