DACHSTEIN CIRCUIT Enthusiast`s Tour
- 11 nights
- Luggage transfer included
- 11 x Overnight stay with alpine breakfast (7x Overnight stay in ***inns/ hotels, 4x in huts, double rooms or communal bunks, hut sleeping bags* mandatory)
- 1 x Ascent with the cable car “Gosaukammbahn” to Zwieselalm
- 1 x Schladming-Dachstein Summer Card (= Ticket for the Dachstein Gletscherbahn)
- 1 x Train ticket Bad Mitterndorf/Pichl-Kainisch to Bad Aussee
- 1 x Boat trip to Hallstatt
- 1 x Ferry from Hallstatt market to train station
- 1 x All-inclusive card for the Dachstein Adventure World
- 1 x Entrance & guided tour Koppenbruellerhoehle cave
- 5 x Luggage transfer - max. 2 pcs./person and max. 25 kg/piece of luggage
- 1 x Hiking map and Dachstein guide-book (1 x per room)
- Daily service hotline from 09.00 - 19.00 o’clock (weekends included)
- 01.07.2020 until 01.10.2020
Additional access points on day 4, 7 or 9
1st Day: Individual arrival in Gosau right next to the Dachstein mountain range. Overnight stay in Gosau.
2nd Day: Cable car from the Gosausee Lake to the Zwieselalm, hike to the Hofpuergl lodge
~10 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á 850 m / â860 m
Overnight stay at the Hofpuergl lodge.
Luggage transfer from Gosau to the Ramsau where you spend the following night (Overnight backpack and hut sleeping bag* for the night at the Hofpuergl lodge have to be carried by yourself!)
3rd Day: High altitude hike from the Hofpuergl lodge to the Suedwand lodge, descent to the Tuerlwand.
~12,5 km, 6 hrs, altitude difference á895 m / â882 m
Overnight stay in Ramsau under Mount Dachstein.
4th Day: Enjoy a well-deserved relaxed day in Ramsau.
Use the Schladming-Dachstein Summer Card to explore the region around the Dachstein.
Second overnight stay in Ramsau under Mount Dachstein.
5th Day: Cable car to the Dachstein glacier – alpine hike on route 674 to Guttenberg lodge
~9,5 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á264 m / â861 m
(Alternative route through the valley to Guttenberg lodge if weather conditions are not stable.)
Overnight stay at the Guttenberg lodge
Luggage transfer from Ramsau to Groebming where you spend the following night (Overnight backpack and hut sleeping bag* for the night at the Guttenberg lodge have to be carried by yourself)
6th Day: High altitude hike from Guttenberg lodge over the plateau “Am Stein” and Grafenbergalm to the Stoderzinken. ~13 km, 6 hrs, altitude difference á 552 m / â860 m
Overnight stay at the Steiner Haus above Groebming.
7th Day: Hike from the Stoderzinken past the Notgasse (rock gorge with up to 2000 year old chiselled rock art) to the Viehbergalm and further over the Hochmuehleck to the Steinitzenalm.
~17 km, 6 hrs, altitude difference á 552 m / â1370 m
Overnight stay at the Steinitzenalm lodge (or descent to Bad Mitterndorf, + ~ 1 hour).
Luggage transfer from Gröbming to Steinitzenalm lodge or Bad Mitterndorf
8th Day: Train ride from Bad Mitterndorf/Pichl Kainisch to Bad Aussee. Through the Koppen valley past the Koppenbruellerhoehle Cave (guided tour included!) to Obertraun train station, ferry ride to Hallstatt. ~15 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference á166 m / â286 m
Overnight stay in Hallstatt
Luggage transfer from Steinitzenalm lodge or Bad Mitterndorf to Hallstatt
9th Day: Dachstein Adventure World - Tour through the mammoth and ice caves and visit the “Five Fingers” viewing platform. Unlimited use of all three parts of the cable car! Overnight stay in Hallstatt.
10th Day: Take the ferry from Hallstatt market to Hallstatt train station. You hike along the eastern lake shore of Lake Hallstaettersee to Au and further on to Bad Goisern. Ascent to Goiserer lodge via Trockentannalm.
Overnight stay in Goiserer lodge.
~17 km, 7 hrs, altitude difference á1108 m / â52 m
Overnight backpack and hut sleeping bag* for the night in the Goiserer lodge has to be carried by yourself
11th Day: Descent past the Iglmoosalm to Gosau. Overnight stay in Gosau.
Luggage transport from Hallstatt to Gosau.
~7 km, 2-3 hrs, altitude difference á 46 m / â873 m
12th Day: Individual departure or additional night.
Long tour for hiking enthusiasts - 12 days / 11 nights
With luggage transfer!
“World heritage region”: the mighty Dachstein – 2995 meters high – has been decorated with this award in 1997. The impressive mountain landscape along with Hallstatt and the region Dachstein Salzkammergut were named world heritage region by UNESCO.
Requirements and general information
The tour mainly covers alpine terrain. You will need appropriate mountain equipment and basic stamina. Necessary mountain equipment: ankle-high boots, functional clothes, rucksack, food and water, rain and sun protection, first-aid kit, mobile phone, possibly hiking sticks, …Your route is recorded for posterity when you enter your name in every hut logbook in the Dachstein Mountains. The routes are well signposted, although the signs could partly be covered by snow. Hence, it is imperative that you take your maps and the Dachstein hiking book with you. An experienced guide is available to accompany you upon request.
The carrying out of the tour is dependent on weather conditions! Alternative routes are always possible.
Rates for the arrangement per person in €:
01.07. – 02.10.2020
***hotel/inn in double room (communal bunks in hut) 1019,--
Supplement half board (3 course dinner in inns/hotels and partly also in huts otherwise 1 course hikers-meal in huts) 267,--
Supplement7 x single room (communal bunks in huts) 157,--
Mountain guide on request
Day of arrival daily
Local tax is extra to pay on spot in each accommodation (from € 1,-- to € 3,-- per person/per night)
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- * Hut sleeping bag: blankets are available in the huts; necessary but mandatory is only a lightweight cotton/silk sleeping bag liner
- Overnight stay in communal bunks or multi-bed rooms. Double rooms on request possible, except at Hofpurgl lodge and Goiserer lodge. The hosts will always try to accommodate travellers who are not used to communal bunks in their own rooms if at all possible
- Dogs on request; not allowed in the sleeping areas. Attended stay in the winter room possible, partly dog kennels available, extra costs to be paid on spot
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
We recommend travel cancellation insurance:
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.