Salzkammergut festival in Linz
From 9 to 11 April 2015 the Salzkammergut will enchant and animate the inner city of Linz. Traditional customs, thriving handicraft, music and many attractions will be presented in the town centre at the main square of Linz and along Landstraße. Enjoy culinary highlights with typical regional delicacies of the tasty Salzkammergut cuisine, which will enrich your shopping experience during the “Long Linz Shopping Night”. In short: An inspiring Salzkammergut festival.
Thursday 9 April: 10 – 19 h
Friday 10 April: 10 – 22 h
Saturday 11 April: 10 – 19 h
Opening ceremony on Thursday 9 April at 16:30 h at the main square of Linz. The Upper Austrian Governor Dr. Josef Pühringer will inaugurate the festival.
Salzkammergutvillage on themain square of Linz
- Thu and Fr at 14.00 and Sa at 17.30: Punch and Judy theatre by Gmundner Milch
- Sat at 16.00: Salzkammergut-Gössl dirndl diving into the Attersee diving container
Stage at main square of Linz
- Music, programme, and contests starting daily at 12 o’clock
- Daily at 3 p.m.: Traditional fashion show by Gössl Shop, Linz
- Live demonstration of old craftsmanship: Carvers, wood turners, milliners… show their skills.
- Sport activities: Climbing and scuba diving,
- Activities and games for children: Gmundner Milk Bouncing castles, treasure hunting, Carve"Maipfeiferl",knockingsaltstones, playgroundof the Cumberlandwildlife parkand much more …
Show garden at the main square of Linz
As teaser for the Upper Austrian Garden Festival 2015 in Bad Ischl the main square of Linz will turn into an imperial garden landscape.
Music from the Salzkammergut
Music and good atmosphere by various Salzkammergut music groups e.g. the brass band St. Georgen at Attergau, the Global Denker, Goiserer Beriga Pascher, Steff'n-Hansl Musi, Krauthäupln Attergau, Wolfgangseer Tanzlmusi, Hornquartett Bel Corno, d'Lockanpascha, die Lindau Buam, d'Hirltzer Schuhplattler, Ziamwiam, Kalmberg-Echo, and many other musicians from the Salzkammergut.
Culinary delicacies from the Salzkammergut
The best regional dishes to try and buy: fresh suckling pig, fish specialities, venison sausages, cider bratwurst, various dumplings, cheese specialities, farmers’ potatoe crisps, Alpine fish salami, alpine dairy produce, farmers’ doughnuts, ginger bread, Klimt chocolate, Zauner chocolate, imperial cream pastry, Salzkammergut coffee specialities, cider, liquors and spirits, Ausseer fish wine and Ischler imperial wine, beer from Eggenberg brewery, healthy dairy produce from Gmundner Milch and many other delicacies, served by the hosts from the Salzkammergut.
Traditional arts & crafts from the Salzkammergut
Watch, marvel and join in: live demonstration of old craftsmanship, art handicraft – from ceramic painters to crib carvers, watch makers, hat makers and backhouse joiners, traditional costumes, pottery, beautiful and useful products from natural material, gadgets and practical things from regional production – along Landstrasse, at Martin Luther Platz and the main square of Linz.
Information and details about holidays and trips to the Salzkammergut at the info points of the Salzkammergut Regions: Almtal, Attergau, Attersee, Ausseerland, Bad Ischl, Dachstein-Salzkammergut, MondSeeLand, Traunsee and Wolfgangsee.
An inspiring Salzkammergut festival!
The Salzkammergut hosts look forward to welcoming lots of visitors!
Programme subject to change.
We thank our partners
- Gmundner Milch – Regional dairy produce
- Schloss Eggenberg – Beer from the Salzkammergut
- Kronenzeitung – The daily newspaper
- ORF Oberösterreich - ORF Radio Upper Austria
- Oberösterreich Tourismus – Tourist Board Upper Austria
- Linz AG – Energy and telecommunication, transport and municipal service
- Gössl, Linz - Traditional costums of the Salzkammergut
- Linzer City Ring - Shopping in Linz