Curd cheese dumplings
- 270 g curd cheese (20% fat)
- 70 g sour cream
- 70 g flour
- 1 egg (size M)
- dash of salt
- vanilla powdered sugar
- toasted bread crumbs
- lingonberry sauce of applesauce (as desired)
- Mix the curd cheese, sour cream, flour, egg and salt and chill for approximately 2 hours.
- Form the dumplings, place them in lightly-salted boiling water and allow them to cook just at the boiling point for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the dumplings from water and allow to dry for a short time. Toss in toasted breadcrumbs and dust with powdered sugar. Arrange each portion of 2 dumplings with lingonberry sauce or applesauce as desired.
- Tip: Form the dumplings using two wet spoons or cut each dumpling from the mass using a wet spoon.