Styrian cheese-potato cream soup
- 500 g potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 100 g Ennstaler Styrian cheese
- 170 g smoked bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 100 g leek (finely diced)
- 80 g butter
- 1 l beef broth with a dash of white wine
- 1 Tbsp caraway seed
- 0,5 Tbsp marjoram
- 250 ml sour cream
- 250 ml whipping cream
- salt, pepper and a dash of sugar
- 2-3 garlic cloves (finely diced), garden herbs
- dash of lemon juice
- Sauté bacon and place to the side.
- Melt butter and sauté 200 g of diced potatoes with onion. Add broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Add sour cream, whipping cream, and Styrian cheese. Puree well using a hand blender.
- Add herbs, spices, garlic, bacon and the remaining diced potatoes. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add finely diced leek and serve hot.
- TIP: Parmesan can be used instead of Styrian cheese for this dish.