Styrian Cheese-Potato Cream Soup
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 100 g Styrian cheese (Ennstaler Steirerkas)
- 170 g smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 100 g leek, finely diced
- 80 g butter
- 1 l beef stock, with dash of white wine
- 1 teaspoon caraway
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 250 ml sour cream
- 250 ml heavy cream
- salt, pepper, dash of sugar
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely diced, garden herbs
- dash of lemon juice
- Sauté bacon and set aside.
- Melt butter and sauté 200 g potatoes with onion. Add water and white wine, bring to a boil.
- Add sour cream, heavy cream and Styrian cheese. Finely puree with hand blender.
- Add herbs, spices, garlic, bacon and the remaining chopped potatoes and simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Garnish with leek and serve hot.
- Tip: Instead of Styrian cheese, parmesan cheese can also be used in this dish.