Topfenhimbeer-Schnitte (Curd Cheese-Raspberry Cake)
For the cake:
- 6 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 250 g sugar
- 250 g flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 l oil and 1/8 l water, mixed
- Mix half of sugar with egg whites and beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat other half of sugar with egg yolks until creamy.
- Slowly add oil-water mixture to yolks, mixing until fully combined.
- Carefully fold in flour and egg whites.
- Bake at 175° C for approx. 15 minutes.
Curd cheese-raspberry layer:
Make curd cheese cream by mixing 500 g curd cheese, 250 g sugar and 8 leaves of gelatine. Spread over baked cake bottom and allow to set until firm.
The raspberries are then added on top of the curd cheese cream layer. Warm 500 g raspberries, puree and add 8 leaves of gelatine. Allow to set until semi-firm and then spread over curd cheese cream layer.