Topfennockerl (curd cheese dumplings)
4 portions with 2 pieces each, based on the recipe from Christina and Manfred Mayer, Genuss am See, Ödensee
- 270 g curd cheese (20% fat)
- 70 g sour cream
- 70 g flour
- 1 egg (size M)
- dash of salt
- vanilla powdered sugar
- roasted bread crumbs
- lingonberry sauce or apple sauce/compote
- Mix curd cheese, sour cream, flour, egg and salt and chill for approx. 2 hours.
- Form dumplings, place in boiling, lightly-salted water, allow to come to a boil and then simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from water and drain. Roll dumplings in roasted bread crumbs and cover with powdered sugar.
- Serve portion of two dumplings with lingonberry sauce or apple compote.
- Tip: Form dumplings with either two wet spoons or cut dumplings out of larger mass with a wet spoon.