- 500 g honey
- 200 g cane sugar
- 10 g gingerbread spices
- 125 g ground almonds
- 125 g ground hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons diced dates
- 50 g candied lemon peel, diced
- 50 g candied orange peel, diced
- 500 g flour (half white, half rye)
- 1 1/2 sachets of baking powder
- Slowly heat honey until liquefied.
- Work honey, sugar, eggs and other ingredients into a firm dough.
- Allow the dough a short rest and then roll out to approx. 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut out using cookie cutters and lay individual cookies on a baking sheet.
- Garnish with almonds and nuts (optional).
- Bake at 150° C in a convection oven (180° in conventional oven) for approx. 8-10 minutes.
- After cooling, gingerbread can be decorated with chocolate or a sugar glaze. For best results, gingerbread should be kept in a sealed tin.